Thursday, November 1, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. ~DIY Fall Wreath



This is the first time I have participated in this link up with Beautiful Mess I have made countless things and redecorated almost everything in my house thanks to pinterest. This is one of the more recent DIY crafts.
Original Pin:


Last week while shopping with my sister and cousin, we randomly decided to make Fall Wreaths. I knew that I had pinned a wreath recently so I quickly brought it up on my handy dandy pinterest app. ;) I didn't really need the pin for a tutorial, I'm no newbie to making wreaths, but I wanted it for the basic idea.
So we headed over to the Hobs Lobs (Hobby Lobby) and miraculously found everything we needed on sale! And for the few things that weren't we used our 40% off coupon!!! (Every time I say the word coupon, in my head I am secretly saying it Honey Boo Boo style.)

Here's what you will need: straw wreath ( I like the medium size but this is totally up to you!), floral pins (this is for securing the yarn or ribbon, and all the items that are too heavy to hot glue to the wreath), hot glue gun, yarn (for a medium size wreath it almost took an entire thing of yarn, so get an extra just to be sure), miscellaneous items to put on your wreath for decor (I got an over sized wooden letter and some fall decorations).
Total cost per wreath: $15

**I didn't take a whole lot of pictures of this craft night. Forgive me.**





 
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAA!

 
Is this not adorable?

Happy Crafting Y'all!



Pin It

3 comments:

Ashley Barnhill said...

I love love love this!!!

Stephanie said...

This is so cute!! I really need to get on this wreath train...I've yet to make one!! What adorable little gifts these would make!

Krystal said...

OH I love it!! I will be making this soon!!! Maybe Christmas inspired.....