Friday, January 6, 2012

One for the Money



Now that the movie One for the Money is fixin' to be released I wanted to share my adoration for the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. A friend of mine turned me on to the series a few years ago. At the time there were 12 books. I read them all in a week.

Do you like mystery?
Do you like romance?
Do you like sexy characters?
Do you like to Laugh out Loud?

Let me give you a little info on the series.
Stephanie is a Jersey girl, newly divorced and newly fired from her job. When the bank starts stalking her to repossess her car she takes things into her own hands. She threatens her cousin Vinny to give her a job at his bail bonds office. She becomes a bounty hunter.. and not a very good one. One of her first skips is a guy named Jospeh Morelli, who happens to be the man who sexually assaulted her as a kid, stole her virginity and told everyone about it as a teenager and the guy who may or may not have jumped in from of Stephanies car while she was driving on the sidewalk towards him. Basically they have history. He is now a cop who has skipped bail on murder charges. Armed with handcuffs and hairspray she goes after him. She has miraculously good luck. She always finds the "perp". Apprehending them is another story. Along the way Stephanie aquires two side kicks. Her Granny, who carries a short barreled shot gun in her pocket book while attending her favorite events.. Funerals. And a chuncky prostitute named Lula, who she met while working on a case. Besides from having a hard time getting the bad guys to jail she also has a nasty habit of blowing up vehicles. Stephanie is always ticking someone off and the way they handle things in Trenton is to blow up cars.

I'll stop here because I don't want to give any major details of the series away. But if you aren't hooked then you must not like to read!

I have been waiting for the movie to come out forever! Katherine Heigl is playing Stephanie and I think she will be perfect!

Go get the book/download it on your nook or kindle today! You can thank me later!






Pin It

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I saw the trailer for that movie but didn't realize it was based on a book!! I'll have to check out that series!