Monday, October 10, 2011

Thats pretty cool, but I know a secret...

 ... is a family saying that originates with my Uncle Jackie. He used it to taunt my mom when they were little and we used it for years as a joke. This weekend it was very appropriate. My entire family got together this Saturday for my Uncle Jacks 50th Surprise Birthday Party! The Dean family is spread far and wide all over the world. Yet everyone was able to make it. My Mimi and Papa came in from Texas, Aunt Bessie, Uncle Kev and cousin Hal came all the way from London, Aunt Steph and Uncle Daniel from Fayetteville and My immediate family and I from Dahlonega. My sneaky Aunt Cheryl is the culprit of the surprise party. We all traveled on Saturday and went to my Aunt and Uncles house in Locust Grove. Uncle Jackie had been sent over to his father in laws house to help repair their T.V. When he came in the door we were all standing in the kitchen and attacked him with a loud SURPRISE!

He was completely taken by surprise and you could tell he was incredibly touched. After we sang (loudly, off key and obnoxiously) Happy Birthday we ate and laughed with each other.We may not all get together often but when we do it was like we were never apart.
Sisters.. Mom and Bessie
Mimi and Uncle Kevin
Mimi, Bessie, Mom and I
Sweet little Cousin Shelby
Hal riding the 4 wheeler in the dark!
 One of our favorite things to do at Uncle Jackie's is play manhunt. Its a team version of hide and seek. We get really into it. We pick team captions and get really competitive. We use all the land in the front and back of the house and the race to base can get brutal.
Stacy and I in our stealth mode


Uncle Kev and I
Bessie and I.. and Kev creepin on our stealth


Aunt Steph and her french Stealth
 

After 4 rounds of manhunt it was a tie game.

The rest of the weekend we just relaxed and played board games.

Today before Beth, Kevin and Hal returned to London we showed Hal around Dahlonega (where Beth and Kevin first met) and of course ate. 
We ate at ihop for breakfast


Kev guarding his plethora of food.

Miss Jamesleigh got to meet Aunt Bessie for the first time.
Mom and Lee Lee
Look at that angel face! 

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller



Pin It

No comments: