Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Essential Hair Prodcuts..

Seeing as how I am a hair stylist I thought I would share some of my favorite products with y'all. I'm going to start making this a weekly thing. This week is going to be all about cleansing and conditioning products.

} First off let me just inform you on the evils of off-brand shampoo. Shampoos like Tresemme, Herbal Essence, Aussie, Dove, ect.. all have wax in them. Thats right, WAX! The wax is used to make the hair shiny and to scent the shampoo. If you color you hair, using cheap shampoo is the worst mistake you can make. Wax leaves a build-up on your hair that eventually breaks down your color (making it fade), makes your scalp dry (Helllllo dandruff) and leaves your ends brittle (a k a: split end central). Moral of the story: don't use it. Salon brand shampoo is more expensive for a reason. You are wasting your money by paying to get your color done and then cheaping out of the shampoo. :) {


1. Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner. If you have thick, coarse, dry or brittle hair then this is the perfect shampoo and conditioner for you. It softens the hair and leaves it feeling like silk. COLOR SAFE }If you have fine hair then this would be much too heavy for your hair (don't worry I have a suggestion for fine haired girls too.. wait for it).  Retails for about $20.


2. Redken Body Full Shampoo and Conditioner. This is perfect for fine/thin hair. It creates lasting volume and the conditioner leaves the hair feeling weightless. COLOR SAFE Retails for about $20.


3. Agadir Argan Oil. This stuff is my secret weapon. I recommend it to everyone. It  instantly repairs and adds elasticity to dry, damaged, frizzy hair. Hydrates, conditions, smoothes, shines, protects hair against heat appliance and chemical damage. Get this: it also makes your hair dry up to 50% faster! Do not cheap out and buy the off brand at Sally's. My personal favorite is the spray. However the oil is just as good it just comes out heavier than the spray.
Retails from $16-$30 (depending on size and where you buy it).



4. Lanza Trauma Treatment. This is a leave in conditioner that restores hair and preserves your color. If you have damaged, traumatized or broken hair this is the best thing you could ever do for your hair. It restores softness, elasticity, and shine to traumatized hair. Clinically proven to extend the life of your color. } I bleached my hair into a coma last summer and with out this stuff I would have had no hair on my head.{  Retails for about $20. (This stuff LASTS forever!)


Go out and buy these amazing products asap. I promise you will love them! You can thank me later! ;)



Pin It

No comments: